Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014

2014. Welcome to it. I think it might be fun to consider this the Year of the Bike in the Upstate and across the great state of South Carolina. Just like the Chinese culture has the Year of the Dog or Monkey, let's hope that this year bikes continue their positive influence in our culture.

There are many reasons to consider why I dare to call this the Year of the Bike. SC continues to grow its Bicycle-Friendly Business, City and University membership. More communities are creating, investing and implementing bicycle and pedestrian plans. The Palmetto Cycling Coalition continues to grow, and supports events, forums and rides around the state.

I've got a good feeling about this year. I think it's gonna be a good one. I can feel it. What will you do to help biking grow to become a fun, safe way of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment