Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I learned in Savannah, GA

In March, I ventured to Savannah for some much-needed time away from home. But I couldn’t stop thinking about or seeing bicycles. Luckily, I had my camera on hand, extra batteries and a loving husband that didn’t mind my “wait, I gotta take a photo of this” moments. We explored many different parts of Savannah and neighboring areas, and that enabled some interesting biking-related thoughts, photos and stories.

A Bike Route sign in Historic Savannah
In the next couple of months, I’ll dig deeper into some of the bike-related things I came across while in Savannah. The time away and things discovered enable good cross-pollination of thoughts and ideas. Exploring different places can help you see old things in new light and inspire bring new ideas. Some of the posts to come include the following topics:
We saw some pretty cool things, met some pretty cool people and had some pretty cool conversations, including our host, Jonathan. We stayed in his house. We found his place to stay through this neat company, AirBnB.

As a small aside, our stay was so fantastic, here’s where I plug this up-and-coming company. I found them on my own through some "old fashion" internet searching. In fact, through our stay, I got to meet and have a great conversation with a guy name Peter from the Netherlands about biking on a Saturday morning over breakfast! It was a great time.

And so was our trip in Savannah. Here are a few photos of some of the places we visited. Stay tuned for the upcoming posts. Enjoy!

On the North East corner of Forsyth Park.

In the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge.

Stormy Skies. Savannah Wildlife Refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment